Cape Town is situated on the far south-west coast if Southern Africa, close to the Cape of Good Hope. The area can be accessed by direct flight from Johannesburg or a 2-day drive by car.
Cape Town and its surrounds provide many interesting sights and activities for both land and water based travellers including:
- Cape Town & Surrounds by car or Hop-On Hop-Off bus – including the areas of Camps Bay and the VFA Waterfront.
- Wine Route
- Table Mountain Tour (Weather Permitting) – an absolute must, even if you’re height challenged. The mountain is accessed by a short cable car ride (weather permitting) or hikers can chose to walk one or both ways up the mountain.
- VFA Waterfront – local craft markets, masses of popular stores and the Two Oceans Aquarium.
- Cape of Good Hope Tour – a day trip to the Cape National Park.
- Robben Island Tour – where Nelson Mandela was incarcerated.
- Garden Route drive – through the areas of Hermanus, Mossel Bay and Krynsa including the Blokraans Bungy ((highest in Southern Hemisphere).
- Great White Shark cage diving in Haansbaai or False Bay.
- Wreck diving False Bay
For more information on Cape Town visit the official website http://www.capetown.travel/